Invisible, Removable, Comfortable
Our Invisalign Process at Ghaffari Orthodontics
1. Visit Us for Your Smile Consultation
- At your free consultation, Dr. Ghaffari will assess the current state of your teeth and listen to the results you want.
- We’ll discuss your financial needs to make sure your treatment fits your budget.
- If Dr. Ghaffari determines that Invisalign is the best way to help you reach the smile you want, we’ll discuss the financial options and treatment plans that best fit your situation.
2. Make a Plan
- Our Ghaffari Orthodontics office will take digital images and X-rays of your teeth and use these to create your customized treatment plan.
- Using a computerized program, we’ll design a personalized series of clear aligners that will move your teeth in stages towards a better smile.
- Dr. Ghaffari designs each set of Invisalign trays to adjust your teeth to a predetermined location. You can even see a digital projection of your final results before you start treatment.
3. Wear Your Invisible Braces
- Once you have your Invisalign aligners, you should wear them as much as possible. However, you can remove them for eating, flossing, and brushing.
- You’ll visit Ghaffari Orthodontics for check-ups every four to six weeks to get your new sets of aligners. Dr. Ghaffari will also check the progress of your teeth. These checkups are quick and painless because you won’t have any wires to check or tighten.
A Modern Way to A Better Smile
Invisalign uses a series of clear, removable, and comfortable aligners that no one can tell you’re wearing. You can eat and drink what you want while in treatment and brushing and flossing are no problem. They are also comfortable, with no metal to cause mouth abrasions during treatment.
Invisalign also allows you to view your own virtual treatment plan when you start so you can see how your straight teeth will look when your treatment is complete. So, you can smile more during treatment as well as after. Invisalign is made with 3D computer imaging technology and has been proven effective.
You wear each set of aligners for about two weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss. As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move – little by little, week by week—until they have straightened to their final positions. You’ll visit us about once every six weeks to ensure your treatment is progressing as planned.
Total treatment time averages nine to fifteen months, and the average number of aligners worn during treatment is between eighteen and thirty, but both will vary from case to case.
Invisalign for Teens
At Ghaffari Orthodontics, we want to excite our teen patients about starting their orthodontic journey, and Invisalign helps Dr. Ghaffari do just that!
Whether your teen is a musician, an athlete, or a mathlete, they can participate in all their activities without the barriers that traditional braces might present. Since Invisalign aligners are made of clear plastic and almost invisible, their friends won’t even know they're wearing them.
Your teen should be able to take part in the activities they're interested in with the confidence to attend social events and make lasting memories. They should also be able to get efficient orthodontic treatment for crowded teeth, uneven spacing, and bite issues.
Invisalign helps your teen focus on doing what they do best—being themselves. At your initial consultation with Dr. Ghaffari, you’ll find out how Invisalign can be a good fit for your teen's smile!
Treatment for Little Smiles
Kids in Vienna and the surrounding areas can get comfortable and clear results with Invisalign® treatment at Ghaffari Orthodontics.
About Invisalign First
In 2018, Invisalign released a clear aligner system designed for patients ages 7-10 years old called Invisalign First or Invisalign First Phase.
Dr. Ghaffari uses Invisalign clear aligners to create predictable results and a positive experience for your child while addressing their unique needs. Invisalign First at Ghaffari Orthodontics can help treat:
- A bad bite
- Better alignment
- Arch development
- Preserving space for unerupted permanent teeth
Benefits of Invisalign First
An Early Start
Invisalign First treatment starts with a simple digital scan (no goopy impressions). From there, every step of your child’s plan is plotted digitally, so you know what to expect.
With removable aligners, there’s not much interruption to your child’s life. They can even continue to eat foods that they love! Plus, the aligners are designed to fit smaller teeth and include space to accommodate teeth that are growing in.
Invisalign First clear aligners can fix a wide range of issues, including crowding, spacing, and narrow dental arches. Growing children can continue to brush and floss without the hassle and keep their good hygiene habits on track.
Braces vs. Invisalign
When it comes to Invisalign treatment, there’s a lot to consider. Invisalign patients at Ghaffari Orthodontics enjoy shorter check-ups, fewer appointments, simpler oral hygiene, and fewer emergency visits.
Having said that, the system's biggest pro can also be a con—the fact that the aligners are removable. Your cooperation is essential, whether you have braces or Invisalign.
Since braces are attached to your teeth, they do the heavy lifting to keep your treatment progressing. With Invisalign, you need to do a little extra work during your treatment so your trays can complete your treatment.
You’ll need to manage your wear time, keep your aligners clean, and swap them out for the next aligner in the series. It would be best if you were sure that you can do this before committing to Invisalign treatment.
Like with metal braces, Dr. Ghaffari recommends wearing a retainer after your Invisalign treatment to maintain your new alignment.
Ask Us About Invisalign
Invisalign is a great option for those who want subtle, effective treatment. Dr. Ghaffari will inform you about the treatment options that fit best with your smile and lifestyle.
Schedule your free consultation at our Vienna office to learn if Invisalign is right for you. There’s never been a better time to achieve your perfect smile!